The Electronic Frontier Foundation is seeking an organized, empathetic, and analytical person with excellent communication skills to join EFF as its Intake Coordinator. The Intake Coordinator is the first point of access for legal assistance and general information about EFF for the public. You will be performing a variety of tasks from giving information about our work to referring people to both EFF staff attorneys and outside attorneys for legal assistance.
The legislative activist will focus on EFF’s work advocating for state laws that protect people’s right to privacy, free expression, and innovation, as well as advocating against laws that would undercut those rights. EFF intervenes in state legislation nationwide with a particular emphasis on the California legislature. This person will also work in other areas as needed including national campaigns and non-legislative work.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) is seeking a full-time Staff Technologist to work with our Browser Extensions team as the lead developer for HTTPS Everywhere. This is one of our efforts to encrypt the web and make it easy for all users to browse the web securely.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation seeks to hire an experienced litigator with an unshakeable sense of justice and Fourth Amendment expertise to join our civil liberties team. Responsibilities will include all aspects of impact litigation, including writing amicus briefs, public speaking, blogging and other social media writing, media appearances, and consulting on legislative and regulatory matters related to technology and the public interest. The staff attorney will also advise our staff technologists and domestic and international activists on pertinent legal issues.
Working at EFF
Holidays and Personal Time Off
- 14 paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Years.
- 25 days total of PTO, including vacation, sick leave and floating holidays.
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% paid insurance for all full-time employees beginning the first full month after their start dates.
- 50% paid health insurance for immediate family members (including unmarried partners) may be added to our plan at group rates, with premiums automatically deducted from payroll pre-tax.
- Includes orthodontia (braces) for employees and their covered dependents.
403(b)(7) Retirement Savings Program
- For every pre-tax dollar employees contribute to their own retirements, EFF will contribute 10 cents.
- At its discretion, EFF contributes $1,000 into each employee's retirement account every year (they have to have one!) .
Student Loan Reimbursement
- For qualified employees with student debt, EFF provides monthly reimbursement for the full amount.
- For qualified employees (less than $120k in annual salary) who rent their homes, EFF will pay the difference between employees' contributions of 19%-25% of their salaries and a maximum monthly rental payment of $2,500.
- For qualified employees who wish to purchase homes, EFF has a fund that, until exhausted, will provide zero-payment, shared equity mortgage loans up to 15% of a home's purchase price, up to $150,000.
Discretionary Paid Leave
- Employees are eligible for a discretionary paid leave (similar to a sabbatical) of up to three months after every seven years of full-time employment.
Parking and Commuter Checks
- EFF has free parking in our building.
- Employees can choose to have fees for commuting to work on public transit deducted from their payrolls pre-tax.
Other reasons working at EFF is awesome
- $25 per month toward employees' cell phone bills.
- Dog-friendly office with 13 lovable cuddle monsters.
- Discretionary paid moving expenses.
- Fully operational kitchen with oven and stove.
- Paid professional dues (like bar association memberships).
- Paid work visas for foreign nationals.
- Workshop Wednesdays – learning from co-workers and friends of EFF.
- Reasonably priced vending machines that have been featured in the Washington Post.
- EFFers often organize activities with their co-workers, like
- Weekly TNG viewing parties
- Book Club
- Friday Wine Club
* Occasionally we have surprise popups come by, like Lolcatering, a solution-oriented disruptive brand dedicated to game-changing the pro bono publico culinary problem space through a team of change agents who pro-actively leverage the synergies inherent in free lunch as a service. In the cloud.
* Interesting people from all over the world often stop by EFF
*EFF’s benefits may change as the needs of the organization change, though we’ll always enjoy working to protect digital rights in the company of friends.