- Michael Geist - Ten More Questions for Industry Minister Prentice
On the eve of Canada's DMCA, the politician in charge has plenty to answer for.
- German Phone Company in Spying Scandal
Deutsch Telekom employees analyzed "several hundred thousand landline and mobile connection data sets of key German journalists reporting on Telekom and their private contacts."
- Gamer anger at Nokia's "Lock In"
UK gamers battle Nokia's N-Gage's DRM and terms of service
- EU Rejects New Intellectual Property Rights for Sport
"Unjustified protectionism and injurious to press freedom," say publishers.
- Shops Secretly Track Customers via Mobile Phone
A less salubrious use of GNU Radio.
- Rolling Stone on "China's All-Seeing Eye"
Naomi Klein on how China's censorship is being exported.
- Canada Watchdogs Investigate Deep Packet Inspection
Are ISPs invading users' privacy?