In recent years, ARTICLE19 has documented an increase in state violence against protesters in public spaces. Because of this, ARTICLE19 is organizing an event called No Democracy Without Protest, which will take place on August 7 and 8, 2014 at Casa Universitaria del Libro in Mexico City.
Katitza Rodriguez, EFF International Rights Director, and Seth Schoen, EFF Senior Staff Technologist, will be participating in a roundtable titled In Internet: We Call to Action, We Communicate and Inform. EFF staffers, together with Barbora Bukovska, General Director of Law and Policy, will be presenting the Legal Analysis of the International Principles on the Application of Human Rights To Communication Surveillance. They will also be discussing the latest report of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights on the right to privacy in the digital age.
- Ackerman, John (Researcher at the Institute for Legal Research of the UNAM, Columnist in Proceso and La Jornada)
- Botero, Catalina (Special Rapporteur for Freedom of Expression of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights)
- Bukovska, Barbora (General Director of Law and Policy ARTICLE19 London)
- Callamard, Agnes (Director, Freedom of Expression and Information Project; Special Adviser to the President of the University at Columbia University )
- Jarman, Neil (Director of the Institute for Conflict Research, Belfast)
- Paes, Adilson (Lieutenant Colonel retired, LL.B. Master in Human Rights from the University of São Paulo)
- Páez Varela, Alejandro (Journalist, Content Director of SinEmbargo )
- Patrón, Mario (Deputy Director of the Human Rights Center Miguel Agustín Pro Juárez)
- Rodríguez, Katitza (International Rights Director, Electronic Frontier Foundation)
- Rodríguez Munguía, Jacinto (Journalist, author of La otra Guerra Secreta, founder of Emeequis Magazine)
- Schoen, Seth (Senior Staff Technologist, Electronic Frontier Foundation)
- Torres, Julio César (Consultant in communication and training in human rights perspective and issues of protection of journalists, 8 years experience in the International Committee of the Red Cross)
- Torres, Omar (Photograph coordinator of AFP Mexico)