EFF "GII - NII - Wireless/Cellular/Radio" Archive
Files in this Archive
- 2003-04-17 FCC EFF Spectrum Letter
- EFF comment on proposed FCC unlicensed spectrum regulation. April 17, 2003
- 2003-04-17 EFF Spectrum PR
- Press release (dated: 4/17/03): Electronic Frontier Foundation Supports Unlicensed Spectrum. Asks FCC to Broaden Wireless Broadcast Realm.
- Keynote speech from the 8th Annual Conference on Next Generation Networks (11/9/94), given by Paul Baran, chairman of Com21. Too technical for me to understand it well, he says that there is no scarcity of UHF bandwidth, although I don't quite understand why, among other things.
- Press release (dated: 5/26/94) announcing the release of the OTA report Electronic Enterprises: Looking to the Future, a study of electronic commerce.
- Press release (dated: 3/27/94) announcing the beginning of an OTA Study on Wireless Technology and the National Information Infrastructure.
- OTA proposal for the Study on Wireless Technology and the National Information Infrastructure. The study seeks to discuss the possible integration of wireless technology into the NII, determine the usefulness of wireless technology to the NII, and explore the economic, regulatory and social implications of the integration of wireless technology into the NII.
- Background on the Part 15 debate, this has a strong bias against AVM/LMS expansion. This file also contains arguments against the expansion.
- Summary of the arguments against AVM/LMS, it covers just about every possible angle.
- Testimony against the creation of LMS, this summarizes several arguments made by both sides of the debate before concluding in favor of the Part 15 users/industry.