Following a screening of the new film “Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press," EFF Civil Liberties Director David Greene will join a panel of experts, including filmmaker Brian Knappenberger, to discuss the First Amendment under the Trump administration. As the event organizers, TheWrap, describe the panel: "Panelists are not limited to talking about Trump; they are expected to discuss challenges to free expression and free speech in films, television, graphic arts, and the media from any quarter," including:
- The White House assault on journalists
- The prospect of changing our libel laws, as Trump has mentioned
- The limits of free speech in the digital age
- Peter Thiel and the Gawker case
- Fake news and the consequences it has wrought
The event is at the Landmark Theatre in Los Angeles.