The EFF Pioneer Awards were established to recognize leaders on the electronic frontier who are extending freedom and innovation in the realm of information technology. Each year we field nominations from the EFF community — now is your opportunity to nominate a deserving individual or group to receive a Pioneer Award for 2009!
How to Nominate Someone for a 2009 Pioneer Award:
You may send as many nominations as you wish, but please use one email per nomination. Please submit your entries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 17th.
Simply tell us:
- The name of the nominee,
- The phone number, email address or website by which the nominee can be reached,
- Why you feel the nominee deserves the award.
and, most importantly,
There are no specific categories for the EFF Pioneer Awards, but the following guidelines apply:
- The nominees must have contributed substantially to the health, growth, accessibility, or freedom of computer-based communications.
- To be valid, all nominations must contain your reason, however brief, for nominating the individual or organization and a means of contacting the nominee. In addition, while anonymous nominations will be accepted, ideally we'd like to contact the nominating parties in case
we need further information.
- The contribution may be technical, social, economic, or cultural.
- Nominations may be of individuals, systems, or organizations in the private or public sectors.
- Nominations are open to all (other than current members of EFF's staff and operating board or this year's award judges), and you may nominate more than one recipient. You may also nominate yourself or your organization.
- Persons or representatives of organizations receiving an EFF Pioneer Award will be invited to attend the ceremony at EFF's expense.
Check out our Pioneer Awards page for more information on past winners and updates in the future.