- Obama's Attorney General Pick: Good on Privacy?
Eric Holder has an unfortunate history of supporting schemes that broaden law enforcement powers at the cost of privacy and other civil liberties.
- Principles for an Open Transition
Leaders of the open government movement published three principles to guide President-elect Obama's transition team in fostering greater speech and participation.
- Music Blogs Face Sudden Censorship Spike
Blogger has been deleting entire posts from music bloggers' websites without warning or adequate explanation.
- ">Bush Signs Law Promoting Censorship of Kids' Programming
The Child Safe Viewing Act will require the FCC to investigate "advanced blocking technologies."
- How Will the Obama Team Deal with Electronic Spying?
CQ looks at how President-elect Obama's "team of rivals" will deal with Bush administration policies on wiretapping.
- ">YouTube Tightens Rules on Sexually Suggestive Videos
The video sharing site has announced new rules limiting access to sexual content in the future.
- ">Harvard Team: Let Consumers Hack Abandonware
The Berkman Center for Internet and Society says the DMCA should be include an exemption for consumers stuck with DRM-crippled files that
- ">Filesharing Deal for Universities?
Techdirt reports on rumors that Warner is talking to universities about a voluntary collective licensing scheme.