- AT&T Throws Blue Dog Party
At the Democratic National Convention in Denver, AT&T threw a big party for Blue Dog Democrats who backed telecom immunity.
- Joe Biden's Pro-RIAA, Pro-FBI Record
The Democratic nominee for Vice President has a history of uncompromising support for Hollywood, the recording industry and the intelligence community.
- Comcast Introduces Bandwidth Caps
Customers that make heavy use of their Internet connections will be capped at 250gb per month.
- Studios Want Interoperable DRM
The big movie studios are joining forces to come up with a single scheme for DRM copy protection, in order to encourage greater online sales.
- University Fighting P2P Use With... E-mail?
Northwestern University has begun a policy of simply notifying students when P2P traffic is detected.
- Psystar Sues Apple
The Mac clone maker is countersuing against Apple, alleging anti- competitive practices.
- RIAA, MPAA Lobbying at Political Conventions
When the RIAA and the MPAA aren't suing fans, they're lobbying, says Wired's Threat Level blog.
- Are Images of the Early Mickey Mouse Copyrighted?
A legal scholar says the earliest representations of Mickey Mouse may not be protected by copyright.