- Is the Gov't Tracking Us Through Our Cellphones? Lawsuit Seeks Answers
A lawsuit brought by EFF and the ACLU seeks to force release of documents on cellphone tracking.
- RIAA requests internet filtering in international treaty
The ACTA treaty is too secret for the public to see, but the RIAA has been able to make suggestions -- including gutting "safe harbor" provisions that protect ISPs.
- US and Europe near agreement on private data
Law enforcement agencies are looking for common ground to increase the sharing of private data across the Atlantic.
- MPAA helps land criminal conviction in P2P case
A Homeland Security raid on EliteTorrents eventually led the first jury conviction for P2P piracy.
- Warning to copyright enforcers: 3 strikes and you're out
EFF Fellow Cory Doctorow has a modest proposal to punish serial abusers of copyright law.