minilinks for 2008-04-23
MiniLinks by Hugh D'Andrade
April 23, 2008
- Feds to Collect DNA from Every Person They Arrest
Anyone arrested by the feds would have their DNA included
in a massive database.
- Chertoff Says Fingerprints Aren't 'Personal Data'
Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff told the
Canadian press that fingerprints should not be considered
- Domestic Satellite Surveillance Coming Soon
The Department of Homeland Security is set to begin using a
new domestic spy program using advanced satellite
- Warning on Storage of Health Records
Two leading researchers warn that plans for electronic
health records from Google and Microsoft pose a threat to
- Alaska Joins Real ID Refuseniks
The state legislature passed legislation rejecting the
federal Real ID Act.
- Access Denied: Report on Internet Censorship Around the
A new study looks at Internet filtering practices in dozens
of countries around the world.
- Pirate Bay Launches Uncensored Blogger Service
The new service promises to provide a platform for free
speech and unpopular ideas.
- Microsoft Proposes New Ad Privacy Structure
The software giant has put forward five self regulatory
- Newspapers Argue for First Amendment Right to Snoop on
A newspaper group claims attempts to limit behavioral
targeting violate First Amendment principals.
- RIAA vs. Homeless Man
The latest victim of an RIAA lawsuit is a man who lives in
a homeless shelter.
- Six Misconceptions About Orphaned Works
A blogger dissects the debates and exposes myths about
Orphan Works legislation.