minilinks for 2008-03-14
MiniLinks by Hugh D'Andrade
March 14, 2008
- Analysis: Firm Stance on FISA Pays Big for Democrats
Confronting the President on spying powers turns out to be
a better strategy than capitulation.
- President Weakens Spying Oversight
The Intelligence Oversight Board has been stripped of much
of its authority -- reversing reforms of the 70s.
- P4P -- New Peer-to-Peer Tech
Verizon is looking into ways to enable better networks
rather than impede them.
- First Fan-Financed Album to Be Released
Slicethepie raises money from fans to fund album releases.
- Kentucky Lawmaker: Anonymous Posting Should Be Illegal
Rep. Tim Couch has filed a bill that would make it a crime
to post anonymously on the Internet.
- Pacemakers Vulnerable to RFID Scams?
Researches have shown that private medical information can
be extracted from RFID-equipped implants.
- Privacy Advocates Raise Concerns Over Google-DoubleClick Deal
An EU Commission cleared the merger, but privacy concerns
were not part of the determination.
- Humor: Diebold Accidentally Leaks 2008 Results
The Onion reports that e-voting tallies have been leaked,
revealing election results in advance.