minilinks for 2008-02-13
MiniLinks by Hugh D'Andrade
February 14, 2008
- Music subscription plan sparks anti-trust investigation
The Department of Justice thinks Universal's plan to offer
a music subscription service might be a monopoly.
- Three strikes and you're out (of the Internet)
Filesharers trading unauthorized content may lose Internet
access in proposals circulated in the UK.
- Senator wants to limit NFL copyright restrictions
Arlen Specter wants an exception for churches for the NFL's
prohibition on public display of the Super Bowl.
- Are social networking sites safe after all?
A new survey finds social networking sites are safer for
children than other types of Internet communication.
- Court protects blogger's anonymity
An anonymous blogger accused of defamation does not have to
reveal his or her identity, a California appeals court
- Facebook -- Can you ever leave?
Some users report being unable to remove their profiles
from Facebook. (log-in may be required)
- Leave no trace? Not on the Internet.
A journalist tries to live anonymously for a week and finds
is may not be possible.