minilinks for 2007-09-13
MiniLinks by Hugh D'Andrade
September 13, 2007
- Big Victory for Limits to Copyright Law
The 10th Circuit Court recognized First Amendment
constraints on Congressional powers in copyright law.
- Internet Anonymity Tool Used for Eavesdropping
A security researcher found a way to use Tor to spy on
- House Passes Bill to Revamp Patent Process
New legislation would limit damage awards.
- UMG Carries Out Threat to Sue Veoh for Copyright Violations
Veoh is just another Napster clone, according to Universal.
- Does Google Mislead on Sponsored Links?
An Australian court hears arguments that Google favors advertisers in search results.
- Unlocking the iPhone
It may be legal to unlock your iPhone, but don't tell
anyone else how to do it.
- Adding Custom Ringtones to Your iPhone
Third-party applications can help you get around Apple's
restrictions on customizing your iPhone.