minilinks for 2007-08-30
MiniLinks by Danny O'Brien
August 30, 2007
- The Freedom to Read Online in Jeopardy
EFF joins in amicus appeal of United States v. Forrester ruling.
- iPhone Freed From AT&T
Your hardware delivered - back into your control.
- California Judge Decides Perl's "Artistic License" Is a Contract
Free software advocates (in this case) would prefer copyright law.
- Geeks <3 Human Rights
Tim Lee ponder's the techie love of civil liberties.
- WordPress Hosted Sites Blocked in Turkey
A single defamation site brings down thousands of blogs.
- Walmart Offers DRM-free Music Downloads
Support for restricting your fair use rights continues to crumble.
- The Law According to Godwin
EFF's first lawyer, and now Wikimedia general counsel, is profiled.
- Microsoft Declares Genuine Customers Pirates
Redmond's remote validation of Windows users fails.
- Is Comcast Breaking BitTorrent?
The company denies it, but customers are seeing strange reset packets kill
- Opening up the Law
Tim Wu and Carl Malamad work to open up case law and the Federal Register.
- RMS Speaks at Stanford
The creator of the General Public License speaks on GPL3 on September 10th.