- Why the iPhone Isn't Really Revolutionary
Tim Wu points out that beneath the iPhone's snazzy design
lurks a standard business model.
- The "iPhone Killer" Arrives
An open source, touch-screen, Linux-based phone that can be
used with any GSM carrier.
- Top Secret: We're Wiretapping You
The FBI accidentally gave a DC attorney proof that he was
- Judge Dismisses New York Times Lawsuit
A FOIA request on warrantless wiretapping was thrown out by
a federal judge, citing executive privilege.
- Net Growth Prompts Privacy Update
The leading industrial nations adopt new guidelines on
- EU, U.S. to Share Passenger Data
A deal between the EU and the U.S. allows the storage of
traveler data for up to 15 years.
- German Parliament Passes New Copyright Act
Reforms allow users to make personal copies, but not to
- Court Holds Belgian ISP Responsible for File Sharing
ISPs in Belgium are ordered to police their networks for
- Digital Music Sales Flex Muscles
Does good news for digital sales mean bad news for the
- ">Fake Steve Jobs: How I Put Labels on a Leash
Tells the story of how the major labels handed Apple an 80%
share of the digital music market.