miniLinks for 2007-04-24
MiniLinks by Danny O'Brien
April 24, 2007
- French E-Voting Is a "Catastrophe"
Widespread complaints after the first use of electronic
voting machines in the country's presidential election.
- Pandora Chief Mourns Loss of Internet Radio
Copyright royalty board is out-of-touch and has destroyed
90% of Internet radio without understanding what it is,
says Joe Kennedy, CEO of pandora.com
- Chinese Dissident, Wife Sue Yahoo for Complicity
Foreign tort act suit alleges that Yahoo voluntarily
allowed Chinese government to track and arrest 57-year-old
- Google, Wikipedia Sued By Politician Trying to Silence
Canadian public figure tries to stop a story by pouring
censorship gasoline on it.
- No Cookie For You: Government Asked to Halt Google-
Electronic Privacy Information Center expresses concern
about the size and reach of the database created by the
- RIAA Balks at Judge Hearing EFF's Silver Tongue
RIAA's lawyers are aghast that a judge might consider
reading an EFF amicus brief in their case.
- Orphan Works in Europe
Google, the British Library, and others give their views on
copyrights versus unclaimed works.
- The .ca in Broadcast Treaty
The Canadian view of WIPO's Broadcast Treaty: "We haven't
been able to identify a lot of benefit to Canadian
broadcasters from the treaty."
- Online Journalists: Protected by Law or Fair Game?
Susan Crawford documents a lively debate at Cardozo on a
topic close to EFF's heart.
- Digital Freedom University
Boston Herald writes about college students' work in
- Canadian ISP Throttling All Encrypted Traffic?
Please submit your packet in plaintext for better
surveillance services: thank you.
- Bloggers' Search for Anonymity
The BBC puts the case for the untraceable voice.