- Students Accuse Anti-Plagiarism Site of Copying
Some high school students sue to stop commercial site from
taking their essays and looking over their shoulders.
- Copyright Utopia?
EFF's Fred von Lohmann keynotes at the University of
Maryland's conference on alternate IP futures.
- YouTube: They're Not Watching You; They're Watching Each
YouTube's most popular videos are created by its users, not
- Guitar Notations Get a Single Provider
Publishers finally seeing tablature as an opportunity,
instead of just a threat.
- European Court of Human Rights Protects Private Net Use
Your employer can't watch your personal life, just because
German activists fight the European data retention regime
with protests in Frankfurt, April 14.
- Microsoft Sees DRM-Free Music in Zune's Future
Oh sure, *now* they do.
- Consumer Advocates Welcome DRM-Free Music
Meanwhile, the pressure recedes from Apple in Europe.
- Financial Times: A Broadcast Flag for Europe?
The FT examines the threat posed by DVB's digital video
- RIAA Wins Worst Company In America 2007
Beats Halliburton, Exxon, and U-Haul.