- Sununu: FCC Tech Mandates Must Be Banned
Republican Senator proposes law that would stop broadcast,
audio flags in their tracks.
- How to Save the Classics
If libraries dump the classics, the real solution is the
- Sealand for Sale
One used crypto-utopia, going cheap.
- Studios OK DeCSS on Movie Downloads
Requires new blank DVDs, new burners - and probably
reprogramming of the audience's wishes.
- Eight Internet Losers in 2006
With the Goodmail furor and its Data Valdez, AOL tops the
charts, beating even Senator Stevens.
- Face Recognition for Photo Searches Sparks Privacy Fears
Growing concerns over new pattern-matching technologies.
- Music Business Set to Relax Digital Restrictions
More indications that DRM has reached its high-tide mark:
though the flood damage will take years to fix.
- New Lawsuits Challenge Apple's DRM
Antitrust versus DRM.
- Ed Felten's World of the (Near) Future
He and his team give their predictions for 2007.
- Gerald Ford: Privacy Godfather?
President Ford's mixed attempts to fix privacy in the
- Italian Law Mandates Content Blocking
Italian ISPs are required to block sites within six hours
of being told to do so -but is that compatible with EU law?
- Sony Fined by French Court for DRM Music
Sony's use of its ATRAC DRM on its online music store was
an illegal tying practice, says French court.
- Our Work
- Take Action