- AOL Goes From Badware to Worseware
As AOL's servers give out your search terms, its client takes control of your computer without permission. What's not to like?
- Barney's Last Gasp
New York Times sees our case as the final straw for the purple dinosaur.
- Boomtime for Biometrics Manufacturers
Tech companies eye $8 billion in government ID contracts.
- IGF IP workshop
IP Justice, EFF, and CPTech, eFIL, ask the Internet Governance Forum to look at impact of overbroad IP on the Internet.
- Preemptive Cease and Desists bad for ... Lawyers?
American Lawyer looks at the media outrage that bad publicity blanket C&D letters gather.
- Free Wi-Fi - Just No Free Speech
Culver City, home of the film studios, starts filtering its free muni wi-fi
- Or Constitutional Rights
... while its terms of service declare you've waived your First Amendment rights.
- Press Here to Waste Police Time
MSN Messenger apps will have a one-click "report sex offender" button in the UK.
- Give us Your Poor, Your Huddled Personal Information
Michael Chertoff asks our "European allies" to hand over their citizens' personal data to the US.
- Our Work
- Take Action