miniLinks for 2006-08-24
- RIAA Deposes Dead Defendant's Children
Lawyers allow 60 days for grieving process...
- Demonstrates an "Abundance of Sensitivity" to the Press Outrage
...backing out when the case is publicized.
- You typed "Verb." Did you mean: Registered Trademark?
Google(TM) decides that it's not such an everyday word, after all.
- British Parliament Criticizes Net Companies' Complicity With China
"We conclude that the collaboration of Western internet companies in the censorship and policing of the internet for political purposes is morally unacceptable."
- EU Mulls Censoring Bomb-Making Sites
... while EU ministers consider censoring and policing the European Net.
- Wiretap Manufacturers for More Surveillance
The makers of wiretapping hardware lobby for government- mandated surveillance.
- Anonymity Is the Substrate
Ben Laurie on why all identity systems have to have anonymity as a base level.
- EFF Debates the Search Engine Industry in Wall Street Journal
"Companies...are in the best position to judge how long [search] data should be kept", they claim.
- AOL Sacks CTO, Staff Over Data Valdez
... while AOL decides on a one-year employee retention policy.
- Search Engine Watch
Danny Sullivan looks at AOL's actions and their effect on the search engine market.
- ATI: DRM Forbids Us From Providing Open Source Graphics Drivers
"Multimedia elements such as content protection must not, by their very nature, be allowed to go open source."
- Intel Motherboards to Get DRM Baked-In
... while codecs get wired closer to protected video paths.
- Thirty Days of DRM
Michael Geist on the many checks and balances a Canadian DMCA law should include.
- Did SABRE Sell American's Passenger Name Records?
American Airlines accuses the global reservation systems of shilling their users' privacy.
- Privacy International Announces the 2006 Stupid Security Competition
Frustrated by security theater? Join the three terminals' long line.
- "You Just Called..."
Continuing the theme, a Flash movie (with sound) taps the NSA's thoughts.
Recent DeepLinks Posts
Dec 2, 2016
Dec 1, 2016
Dec 1, 2016
Nov 30, 2016
Nov 29, 2016
- Fair Use and Intellectual Property: Defending the Balance
- Free Speech
- UK Investigatory Powers Bill
- Know Your Rights
- Trade Agreements and Digital Rights
- State-Sponsored Malware
- Abortion Reporting
- Analog Hole
- Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Bloggers' Rights
- Border Searches
- Broadcast Flag
- Broadcasting Treaty
- Cell Tracking
- Coders' Rights Project
- Computer Fraud And Abuse Act Reform
- Content Blocking
- Copyright Trolls
- Council of Europe
- Cyber Security Legislation
- Defend Your Right to Repair!
- Development Agenda
- Digital Books
- Digital Radio
- Digital Video
- DMCA Rulemaking
- Do Not Track
- E-Voting Rights
- EFF Europe
- Electronic Frontier Alliance
- Encrypting the Web
- Export Controls
- FAQs for Lodsys Targets
- File Sharing
- Fixing Copyright? The 2013-2016 Copyright Review Process
- Genetic Information Privacy
- Government Hacking and Subversion of Digital Security
- Hollywood v. DVD
- How Patents Hinder Innovation (Graphic)
- International Privacy Standards
- Internet Governance Forum
- Law Enforcement Access
- Legislative Solutions for Patent Reform
- Locational Privacy
- Mandatory Data Retention
- Mandatory National IDs and Biometric Databases
- Mass Surveillance Technologies
- Medical Privacy
- Mobile devices
- National Security and Medical Information
- National Security Letters
- Net Neutrality
- No Downtime for Free Speech
- NSA Spying
- Offline : Imprisoned Bloggers and Technologists
- Online Behavioral Tracking
- Open Access
- Open Wireless
- Patent Busting Project
- Patent Trolls
- PATRIOT Act
- Pen Trap
- Policy Analysis
- Public Health Reporting and Hospital Discharge Data
- Reading Accessibility
- Real ID
- Reclaim Invention
- Search Engines
- Search Incident to Arrest
- Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act
- Shadow Regulation
- Social Networks
- SOPA/PIPA: Internet Blacklist Legislation
- Student Privacy
- Stupid Patent of the Month
- Surveillance and Human Rights
- Surveillance Drones
- Terms Of (Ab)Use
- Test Your ISP
- The "Six Strikes" Copyright Surveillance Machine
- The Global Network Initiative
- The Law and Medical Privacy
- TPP's Copyright Trap
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement
- Travel Screening
- Trusted Computing
- Video Games