Mexico's main telecommunications companies are:

  • AT&T:  AT&T Mexico, also known as AT&T Mexico Wireless and AT&T Mexico Mobility, is the Mexican subsidiary of AT&T. AT&T Mexico has a presence in 90% of Mexico, serving 13% of the Mexican wireless market with 18 million subscribers as of the second quarter of 2019.
  • Axtel: Axtel S.A.B. de C.V., also known as Axtel, is a Mexican telecom company headquartered in San Pedro, near Monterrey, and covers 59 cities in Mexico. Axtel is the second-largest landline telephone service provider and a relevant virtual private network operator. As of 2018, Axtel had 5.2% of the fixed telephony lines and 2% of the internet access market in Mexico.
  • Izzi: Izzi is a commercial service brand of Telecomunicaciones Mexicana, owned by Grupo Televisa, and operated by Empresas Cablevision, S.A.B. of C.V. It offers telephony, Internet and cable television services to individuals and companies covering Mexico City and more than 60 Mexican cities, including the country's largest. 
  • Megacable: Megacable Holdings S. A. B. de C.V. offers services to more than 300 cities in Mexico. Based in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Megacable has 1,812,881 subscribers on its telecommunication services and 2,942,403 internet users. As of 2018, Megacable has 9.8% of the fixed telephony lines and 16% of internet access in Mexico.
  • Movistar (Telefónica): Telefónica is one of the major telecommunication companies in Latin America, operating under the Movistar brand in Mexico. Telefonica operates in more than 10 countries in Europe and Latin America. In Mexico, Movistar provides services for over 25 million users. As of the end of 2018, 2.7% of the fixed telephone lines in Mexico. 
  • Telcel: Telcel is a Mexican wireless telecommunications company based in Mexico City, and owned by América Móvil—a major telecommunications group in Latin America, providing services also in U.S., Austria, and Eastern Europe. 
  • Telmex: Telmex is one of the major Mexican telecommunications companies in Mexico and a subsidiary of América Móvil. America Móvil purchased 60% of Telmex in 2010, and the remaining 40% in 2011. In August 2012, America Móvil started the process to de-list Telmex from the Mexican Stock Exchange. Telmex operates in several countries in Latin America including Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, and Venezuela. As of 2018, América Móvil had 57.6% of the fixed telephony lines and 51.9% of internet access in Mexico. 
  • Totalplay: Totalplay Telecomunicaciones S.A. de C.V. is a telecommunication provider based on the City of Mexico. Totalplay had, at the end of 2018, 5.1% of the fixed telephony lines and 5.8% of internet access in Mexico.