- Citizen Safeguards Struck Out in EU Council
La Quadrature Du Net analyse the latest moves in Europe's telecoms package - still a mixed bag for protecting rights online.
- Inside Italy's Net Filters
An overview of the "P-Box" - the bespoke Debian install intended to filter content at Italian ISPs.
- Google's Gatekeepers
The New York Times investigates who decides when Google is told to block content.
- Internet Users to Expect "Remote Searches" from EU Police?
The EU's five year cybercrime plan include proposals for government-permitted trojan software and "joint investigation teams" (rightsholders and police working together).
- Nokia Wants Law to Allow Snooping on Finnish Employees
After lobbying by the phone giant, Finland considers allowing businesses to examine the email logs of workers suspected of leaking secrets.
- Michael Geist - Why Copyright?
Canadian thinkers, artists and businesspeople speak out on copyright in this film by Michael Geist and Daniel Albahary.
- Studying Chinese Blog Censorship
Rebecca Mackinnon takes a closer look at what goes on when private companies aid in domestic censorship.
- Anger at Indonesian Tagging Plan
Country plans to plant RFIDs in "sexually aggressive" HIV positive citizens.
- Obama and IP
Senior Phillippines IP Attorney hopes Obama will bring change to the international intellectual property policies of the United States.
- Four Google Officials Face Italian Trial for Third-Party Video
Video upload prompts unknown charges against the employees of the company hosting it.
- Our Work
- Take Action