EFF Special Advisor Cory Doctorow will speak at the UK Competition and Markets Authority Data Technology and Analytics conference:
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is hosting its first conference on new and evolving challenges in the tech industry and digital markets, and how competition and consumer agencies are developing technical capabilities and expertise to tackle these challenges.
- Tim Wu (White House special adviser on technology and competition policy)
- Benedict Evans (noted technology analyst and commentator)
- Susan Athey (Economics of Technology Professor, Stanford)
- What should competition and consumer agencies be thinking about in terms of digital transformation?
- What is the future of the open, 'privacy-first' web?
- What role will there be for interoperability?
- The future - What are the most important technologies or trends that competition and consumer agencies should pay attention to?
- The external perspective – What are the possibilities for competition agencies with data, technology and analytics?
This is the inaugural event of what will be an annual conference. There are now ‘technologists’ – data scientists, engineers, technology policy advisers – at the major competition agencies. As part of the conference, and for the first time we aim to bring together many of these professionals in person and hear them present on their work and its impact, in addition to talks from world-leading external data and technology experts – academics, thinkers and industry figures.