The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), an established San Francisco-based nonprofit organization defending online privacy and free expression, is looking for a full-time energetic and enthusiastic Talent & Training Coordinator to join our Human Resources team.
The ideal candidate is personable, resourceful, and demonstrates outstanding attention to detail. The Talent & Training Coordinator will support applicants and staff throughout the recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding processes. The Talent & Training Coordinator will also support staff-wide trainings and professional development opportunities for staff as well as assist with EFF’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives by supporting the DEI Committee in their efforts.
We value candidates who bring diverse experiences and perspectives, professional and otherwise, to our team and to EFF as a whole. If you can add value to EFF’s Human Resources team, please apply.
What You’ll Do
The Talent & Training Coordinator, who reports to the Director of Human Resources, is responsible for the following:
- Organizing and maintaining our recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding processes and ensuring they are people-focused throughout the employee life cycle,
- Working closely with managers and key senior staff to build appropriate professional development plans for staff members, and
- Helping take our diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives to the next level.
Who You Are & Keys to Success (the must-haves)
To be successful in this job, you will excel in these areas:
- People: This is a highly collaborative role and you excel at bringing people together and helping build consensus.
- Inclusive leadership and management: You approach leadership with a mindset of “power with” rather than “power over” and regularly include others in decision-making. You have experience managing multiple projects and keeping tasks from slipping through the cracks. You use resources wisely, and can work with staff, consultants, and vendors to leverage time and talent for impact.
If you were here right now, you would be:
- overseeing our hiring process as we continue to expand headcount and strategically grow both our support and program teams;
- designing a long-term internal training program for our 30+ middle managers, team directors and independent contributors;
- working with our DEI Committee to prioritize areas for organizational improvement in hiring, management best practices, and distributed work culture.
What Else You Should Know
This position is based in San Francisco. This position may work at our offices in SF or remotely from anywhere within the Bay Area. Attendance at special events and meetings may be required from time to time.
EFF is a great place to work! We offer a supportive and empowering environment, along with an excellent benefits package including housing cost assistance, student loans assistance, medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b)(7) retirement savings program with matching, paid time off, holiday benefits, paid parental leave, a dog-friendly workplace, and more.
As an advocacy organization, EFF is committed to being part of a diverse community. Diversity of life experiences makes a big difference in how we identify and litigate legal issues, design privacy-enhancing software, and organize our activism. To that end, we deliberately seek applicants with different perspectives, identities, and experiences to build an inclusive workplace to better inform our advocacy and defense of freedom in our digital world. EFF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all races, genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
EFF is looking to fill this position as soon as possible so please submit your application promptly, and no later than June 30, 2022. Applications will be reviewed as they are received so please apply promptly.