- Social Network Sites "Monitored" in UK
The UK government proposed rules that would allow the use of social networking sites to monitor criminal activity.
- Freedom on the Net
Freedom House takes a comprehensive look at government tactics for controlling communications around the world.
- "Playmobil Priest" Faces Company's Wrath
A priest who transformed Playmobil figures into biblical characters is facing copyright infringement claims.
- Couric Asks Holder About Spying
CBS' Katie Couric asked AG Holder about the Obama position on state secrets.
- iPhone Developer Agreement Bans Jailbreaks
The latest agreement for Apple iPhone developers bans them from jailbreaking phones or helping others do so.
- Facebook Divorces Pirate Bay
Facebook is banning all links to the Pirate Bay after the popular torrent tracker implemented a feature allowing users of the Pirate Bay website to link to torrent files on their Facebook profile.
- YouTube Worse Than DMCA For Fair Use
An interview with EFF's Fred von Lohmann on YouTube's takedown policies.
- Filesharing Plan from 1983
Visionary musician Frank Zappa was also a visionary on the concept of file-sharing to distribute music.
- Our Work
- Take Action