- Swedish Police want Personal Info from P2P users
Court orders obtaining info on file-sharers would be easier under a proposed new Swedish law.
- China's Porn Crackdown may be Aimed at Dissent
Observers note that the Chinese arrests aimed at removing "vulgarity" from the Internet are part of a wider, political, dragnet.
- Australian Net Filtering is an "Insult to Parents"
Opposition senator Nick Minchin on the disempowering nature of the proposed compulsory net blocking by the Rudd administration.
- Revolution, Facebook-Style
Egyptian political activists are piggy-backing on social networking sites to get their message out.
- The Cost of Personal Data
Obtaining information from ISPs to investigate child abuse in the UK costs the authorities hundreds of thousands of pounds: would more investigators be more cost-effective?
- Russian Government to be more Transparent?
Proposed law would remove some limits on freedom of information requests from Russian citizens.
- Germany to Introduce Blocking
Politicians pondering whether to make it a contractual agreement with ISPs, or a statutory requirement.
- How to Request your Travel Records
How to demand what records the US government keeps on your travel.
- Our Work
- Take Action