- French Senate Votes for Three Strikes
The bill still has to pass the National Assembly, however — and faces a clash with developing European law.
- No Clean Feed - Stop Internet Censorship in Australia
The battle against the Australian goverment's plans to install compulsory filters on all Internet traffic grows in strength. Electronic Frontiers Australia offers action items for worried Aussie Net users.
- Circumvention in New Zealand
Content Agenda summarizes what's been happening in NZ copyright law.
- Join the Public Domain Calculators
The Open Knowledge Foundation is working on a system to determine whether works are in the public domain in your country or not. Join volunteers in Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Italy, Norway, Philippines, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States and add your country to the calculator.
- Internet and Freedom in Egypt
Egyptian bloggers talk about how the Net and free speech fare in Turkey.
- UK Net Users Wrongly Accused of File-sharing Infringements
British games companies are sending threatening letters to Internet users who have never touched a computer game.
- Linking Alone is Not Defamation in Canada, Court Declares
The British Columbia Supreme Court asserts that websites linking to a document are not "publishing" the document for purposes of libel law. One of the defendants, p2pnet, comments.
- Our Work
- Take Action