We are a bookish crowd here at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, so we figured it might be interesting to share a list of some of our favorite books. Choosing categories was a contentious process, but we ultimately decided to split up the list into the following rough categories:
- Copyright, Trademark and Innovation
- Privacy, Surveillance, and Security
- Technology and Internet Culture
- International Internet Issues
- Economics and Business
- History, Politics, and Electronic Voting
The top 3 in each category are standouts or classics, but every book in the list has inspired fresher, smarter considerations about technology, civil liberties, and what it means to be on the electronic frontier. Enjoy!