- Mobile Phone Searches — Warrant Required?
Courts are weighing the question of whether searches of handheld devices during arrests require a warrant.
- Inside a DHS Travel File
Sean O'Neill made a FOIA request for his travel dossier kept by the Department of Homeland Security.
- An Analysis of Obama's DOJ Pick
President-elect Obama has selected David Kris to head the National Security division at the Department of Justice.
- P2P Meets Social Networking
LimeWire is adding social networking features that allow users to share files with trusted sources.
- Abolish the FCC!
Professor Lawrence Lessig wants the regulatory body to be dismantled
and replaced by a pro-innovation agency.
- Copyright Victory for Online Video
A federal judge ruled that the DMCA protects video-sharing sites like Veoh.
- Comcast Removes Block on File Sharing
Comcast has notified the FCC of its decision to cease blocking P2P traffic over its networks.
- Ebook DRM Provider Goes Dark, Books Disappear
Some books purchased from Fictionwise will be non-renewable come January 30, thanks to DRM from a company that is closing its doors.
- Animated Film Stuck in Copyright Limbo
Nina Paley's brilliant animated film, Sita Sings the Blues, can't get distribution because of copyright claims on the 1920s music it uses.