minilinks for 2008-10-15
- NSA Spying Overseas: Legal or Not?
Marty Lederman asks whether NSA spying on Americans abroad — as described by new whistleblowers — is a violation of FISA or the 4th Amendment.
- Savage Sued for Takedown
Stanford's Fair Use Project says the radio host sent a bogus takedown notice to YouTube.
- Police Put Activists on Terror List
Maryland police illegally entered the names of law-abiding political activists into federal databases that track terrorism.
- Flash Cookies: The Silent Privacy Killer
Cookies stored with the Macromedia Flash Player aren't controlled by the browser. Here's how to delete them.
- Use Skype -- Go Directly To A Chinese Prison
Michael Robertson has some questions for eBay and TOM-Skype and a plugin for the security features of Gizmo5.
- Bush Signs Two Online Predator Bills Into Law
The "Kids Act of 2008" requires registered sex offenders to provide their Internet information to registries and the "Protect Our Children Act of 2008" requires the Justice Department to create a new task force to track predators.
- Is the Palin E-Mail Hack Indictment Legally Flawed?
Orin Kerr asks whether the felony charge against the hacker who broke into Sarah Palin's email account is legally sound.
- Will Your ISP Stand Up for Your Free Speech Rights?
Your choice of ISP can make a big difference in whether your legitimate speech is protected in the face of legal threats.
- Lessig on Art, Commerce, and the Hybrid Economy
Lawrence Lessig says digital technology has made it easy to create new works from existing art, but copyright law has yet to catch up.
- A Game Designer & CEO on the Evils of DRM
Three Rings' David James explains why using DRM in game design is like beating your customers with a rusty pipe.
Recent DeepLinks Posts
Mar 28, 2017
Mar 28, 2017
Mar 27, 2017
Mar 27, 2017
Mar 27, 2017
- Fair Use and Intellectual Property: Defending the Balance
- Free Speech
- UK Investigatory Powers Bill
- Know Your Rights
- Trade Agreements and Digital Rights
- State-Sponsored Malware
- Abortion Reporting
- Analog Hole
- Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Bloggers' Rights
- Border Searches
- Broadcast Flag
- Broadcasting Treaty
- Cell Tracking
- Coders' Rights Project
- Computer Fraud And Abuse Act Reform
- Content Blocking
- Copyright Trolls
- Council of Europe
- Cyber Security Legislation
- Defend Your Right to Repair!
- Development Agenda
- Digital Books
- Digital Radio
- Digital Video
- DMCA Rulemaking
- Do Not Track
- E-Voting Rights
- EFF Europe
- Electronic Frontier Alliance
- Encrypting the Web
- Export Controls
- Eyes, Ears & Nodes Podcast
- FAQs for Lodsys Targets
- File Sharing
- Fixing Copyright? The 2013-2016 Copyright Review Process
- Genetic Information Privacy
- Government Hacking and Subversion of Digital Security
- Hollywood v. DVD
- How Patents Hinder Innovation (Graphic)
- International Privacy Standards
- Internet Governance Forum
- Law Enforcement Access
- Legislative Solutions for Patent Reform
- Locational Privacy
- Mandatory Data Retention
- Mandatory National IDs and Biometric Databases
- Mass Surveillance Technologies
- Medical Privacy
- Mobile devices
- National Security and Medical Information
- National Security Letters
- Net Neutrality
- No Downtime for Free Speech
- NSA Spying
- Offline : Imprisoned Bloggers and Technologists
- Online Behavioral Tracking
- Open Access
- Open Wireless
- Patent Busting Project
- Patent Trolls
- PATRIOT Act
- Pen Trap
- Policy Analysis
- Public Health Reporting and Hospital Discharge Data
- Reading Accessibility
- Real ID
- Reclaim Invention
- Search Engines
- Search Incident to Arrest
- Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act
- Shadow Regulation
- Social Networks
- SOPA/PIPA: Internet Blacklist Legislation
- Student Privacy
- Stupid Patent of the Month
- Surveillance and Human Rights
- Surveillance Drones
- Terms Of (Ab)Use
- Test Your ISP
- The "Six Strikes" Copyright Surveillance Machine
- The Global Network Initiative
- The Law and Medical Privacy
- TPP's Copyright Trap
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement
- Travel Screening
- Trusted Computing
- Video Games