minilinks for 2008-09-10
MiniLinks by Hugh D'Andrade
September 10, 2008
- Comcast Appeals FCC Web Traffic-Blocking Decision
As expected, Comcast is challenging the FCC's authority to regulate the ISP's web traffic blocking behavior.
- Judge: Harry Potter Lexicon is Not Fair Use
A fan's reference text to the Harry Potter series has been found to be infringing.
- Judge: Law Protects Anonymous Comments on News Sites
A District Court judge found that commenters on the Billings Gazette website are protected by state law that shields anonymous news sources.
- "Kicking Stupendous Quantities of Ass" at WIPO
EFF Fellow Cory Doctorow describes his efforts to reform the World Intellectual Property Organization.
- The Law is Not Copyrighted
Carl Malamud's latest project is scanning and posting state and local laws for all to copy and use.
- Video Shows Easy Hacking of Voting Machines
A new study from the Security Group at UCSB has released a paper and a video detailing a successful attack on electronic voting machines.
- Free Music Downloads Without Legal Peril
A look at the legal alternatives to LimeWire.