- Clarity sought on electronic searches
EFF and Asian Law Caucus are filing suit to find out what rights the government claims to search electronic data (log-in may be required)
- Plan To Change Patent Review System Alarms EFF
A provision in a new Senate bill on patent reform would change the reexamination process.
- Bush order expands network monitoring
The President has given the NSA more power to monitor computer networks of federal agencies. (log-in may be required)
- Is retroactive immunity unconstitutional?
If Congress does pass immunity for telecom lawbreakers, that law may violate the Constitution.
- The dangers of "locking down" the Internet
Digital locks on content no longer work. Michael Geist argues that industry is now shifting towards network filtering to reassert control.
- Partner offers $10K bounty for blogger's identity
A lawyer is trying to unmask an anonymous blogger who has criticized him.
- Are Super Bowl parties copyright infringement?
The NFL is reminding people that showing the "Big Game" on a large screen may constitute a public performance.
- Copyright law for individuals?
EFF fellow Cory Doctorow says copyright law should distinguish between commercial and cultural uses.