Minilinks for 2007-10-22
MiniLinks by Hugh D'Andrade
October 23, 2007
- href="http://salonmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/mp3s/2007/oct/conversations_cohn.mp3">Podcast: EFF's Cindy Cohn on Telecom Immunity
Salon blogger Glenn Greenwald's interview with EFF Legal Director Cindy Cohn.
- U.S. Voters Oppose Warrantless Wiretapping
A recent poll found that a majority of voters across the political spectrum are opposed to warrantless wiretaps.
- Josh Wolf on Journalist's Shield Law
Will the Free Flow of Information Act do enough to protect bloggers?
- Microchips Used to Track Students
A UK school is experimenting with using microchips embedded in school uniforms to track students.
- New Zealander Beats Amazon in Patent Battle
The U.S. Patent Office rules that Amazon does not have exclusive rights to one-click shopping.
- File Sharing Fuels Brazil's Techno Scene
Musicians in Brazil are encouraging fans to download and share their music.
- Cartoon: Why Are Democrats Caving on Wiretaps?
Cartoonist Steve Sack asks what Democrats have to gain by supporting Bush's wiretap policies.