miniLinks for 2007-10-15
MiniLinks by Danny O'Brien
October 15, 2007
- Qwest CEO Claims U.S. Withdrew Contracts as Punishment
Did the NSA punish the telecom for refusing to hand over
- NSA's Lucky Break
How the U.S. became the switchboard to the world.
- License Plate Recognition Tools Led to Arrest
A police gadget that scans license plates raises privacy
- New TSA Rules Require 72-hour Notice to Fly
Under new proposed rules, passengers could no longer fly on
the same day they buy their tickets.
- 1024-bit Encryption Now Less Secure
Researchers have broken a new record in "cracking" a 307-
digit key number.
- Universal Plans Music Subscription Service
A new subscription music plan from Universal would take on