minilinks for 2007-06-06
- Google Street View -- Where's the Pro-Privacy Technology?
Even EFF attorneys get their privacy invaded by street-
- Face Non-Recognition Technology
An example of what privacy-protection in Google Street View
might look like.
- What Google Is Doing With Your Data
The secretive company reveals part of what it does with
your search term history.
- On the Receiving End
Ron "Electric Slide" Silver talks about his settlement with
- MySpace Seeks Court Order to Release Predator Emails
MySpace asked a Pennsylvania court for advice on how it can
legally provide local authorities with private email info
belonging to convicted sex offenders.
- FBI Arrests Filesharer
Government goes after pre-release uploader.
- Facebook v. ConnectU
Blogger Eric Goldman on Facebook's suit against ConnectU
for harvesting personal info.
- Software v. Software
A software manufacturer claims that an anti-malware system
surreptitiously deletes its innocent application.
- AP Looks to "Protect Copyright Online"
But what practices and which publishers will be targeted
remains to be seen.
- YouTube Snags Another Deal
Gets the last of the four major labels.
- FCC Moves in on the Internet
The FCC claims it has jurisdiction to design "social
policy" for anything using Internet Protocol.
- Where the Real Advantage Lies
Real finally wises up and provides stream recording software for Windows.
- ISPs Make Money From P2P?!
IFPI's Ten Conveniently Uncorroborated "Truths" About
- AACS Sued for Patent Violation
Oh, the irony.
- A Library of Privacy Law
Legal firm Morrison & Foerster produces a free guide to
privacy law inside and outside the U.S.
- Open Shakespeare
The Open Knowledge Foundation is providing the complete
works of Shakespeare in an open form, so that anyone can
use, share, or comment on the Bard's words freely.
Recent DeepLinks Posts
Jun 27, 2016
Jun 27, 2016
Jun 27, 2016
Jun 24, 2016
Jun 23, 2016
- Fair Use and Intellectual Property: Defending the Balance
- Free Speech
- UK Investigatory Powers Bill
- Know Your Rights
- Trade Agreements and Digital Rights
- State-Sponsored Malware
- Abortion Reporting
- Analog Hole
- Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
- Bloggers' Rights
- Broadcast Flag
- Broadcasting Treaty
- Cell Tracking
- Coders' Rights Project
- Computer Fraud And Abuse Act Reform
- Content Blocking
- Copyright Trolls
- Council of Europe
- Cyber Security Legislation
- Defend Your Right to Repair!
- Development Agenda
- Digital Books
- Digital Radio
- Digital Video
- DMCA Rulemaking
- Do Not Track
- E-Voting Rights
- EFF Europe
- Electronic Frontier Alliance
- Encrypting the Web
- Export Controls
- FAQs for Lodsys Targets
- File Sharing
- Fixing Copyright? The 2013-2016 Copyright Review Process
- Genetic Information Privacy
- Hollywood v. DVD
- How Patents Hinder Innovation (Graphic)
- International Privacy Standards
- Internet Governance Forum
- Law Enforcement Access
- Legislative Solutions for Patent Reform
- Locational Privacy
- Mandatory Data Retention
- Mandatory National IDs and Biometric Databases
- Mass Surveillance Technologies
- Medical Privacy
- National Security and Medical Information
- National Security Letters
- Net Neutrality
- No Downtime for Free Speech
- NSA Spying
- Offline : Imprisoned Bloggers and Technologists
- Online Behavioral Tracking
- Open Access
- Open Wireless
- Patent Busting Project
- Patent Trolls
- PATRIOT Act
- Pen Trap
- Policy Analysis
- Public Health Reporting and Hospital Discharge Data
- Reading Accessibility
- Real ID
- Search Engines
- Search Incident to Arrest
- Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act
- Social Networks
- SOPA/PIPA: Internet Blacklist Legislation
- Student Privacy
- Stupid Patent of the Month
- Surveillance and Human Rights
- Surveillance Drones
- Terms Of (Ab)Use
- Test Your ISP
- The "Six Strikes" Copyright Surveillance Machine
- The Global Network Initiative
- The Law and Medical Privacy
- TPP's Copyright Trap
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement
- Travel Screening
- Trusted Computing
- Video Games