miniLinks for 2007-02-21
MiniLinks by Danny O'Brien
February 21, 2007
- Free Congress!
Coders gather to open up more of the legislature's
- Republicans, Democrats Spat Over IP Rights in Congress TV
After Speaker of the House Nancy Polosi is accused of
"pirating" C-SPAN, the TV service reiterates that it has no
copyright interest in the video.
- Chinese Lawyers Protest Sina's Blog Censorship
Fight the arbitrary nature of China's limits on free
- New York Times on the DJ Mixtape Arrests
"DJs continued to release tapes -- some with hastily added
tracks on which rappers cursed the RIAA"
- Disney Must Consider Sharing Pooh's Honey
The endless fight over the merchandising rights to A.A.
Milne's work continues to plague the copyright maximalist
- Students Balk at University's "Free" Music Deals
One insider's view of dealing with the college-only
licensed music services.
- Bipartisan Effort to Junk Real ID Law
Democrat Rep. Tom Allen and Republican Rep. Scott Lansley
push for reform of costly, invasive national ID mandate.
- A 55-inch TV Is too big for the Super Bowl
Consumer electronics mavens scratch their heads at NFL's
Super Bowl rules.
- UK Government Rejects Calls for DRM Ban
While faulty, DRM is good for price discrimination, Prime
Minister's office says.
- Framing the DRM Debate
LinuxJournal's Don Marti says it's about more than
- Europe's Plan to Track Phone and Net Use
Data retention implementation to be far worse than original
- UK Now Running 439,000 E-mail and Phone Taps
Report's author declares wiretap error rate "unacceptably