miniLinks for 2006-10-25
MiniLinks by Danny O'Brien
October 25, 2006
- Free Speech Pays
The Knight Foundation is dispensing $5 million to cyberjournalism projects
- Data-Mine Californian Politicians
Monitor campaign contributions to Californian politicos.
- Squeezebox Picked Up by Logitech
EFF-supporter Slim Devices remotely transferred to the PC peripheral giant.
- Internet Governance Forum in Athens: Free Speech
Sponsored by EFF and many others.
- Fortune Profiles DVD Jon
Interoperability or bust.
- Microsoft Privacy Practice Document
But does it practice what it preaches?
- Meet the Censors
Masters of the Great Firewall.
- Shut it up With Tinfoil
Wallets that could help prevent your RFID-embedded cards from leaking private info.
- Spyware-Assisted In-Game Advertising
For a better gaming experience.
- An Electronic Voting Machine Wishlist
Step one: not Diebold.
- Malware King-of-the-Hill
A spam-sending trojan purges rival viruses.
- Big Media Companies Using P2P Networks for Promotion
The novelty hasn't worn off yet.
- UK Court Rules Against Gray Market Importer
Sony is still master of your PSP after you buy it.