miniLinks for 2006-10-03
MiniLinks by Derek Slater
October 3, 2006
- US Cripples Online Poker and Gaming Industry
Ordinary Americans lose access to a favorite hobby as companies' stocks tumble.
- AOL Sued for Search Data Debacle
Class action alleges violation of privacy laws.
- YouTube Strikes Deal With Warner Music
Deal will allow music videos to be distributed on site.
- News Aggregation and Copyright
Google continues fighting with Belgian court...
- Robots.txt, We Hardly Knew You
...as publishers try to make their sites harder to aggregate.
- Macarthur Grant for Social Entrepreneur and Human Rights Cyberactivist
Benetech Initiative provides computer security for activists.
- Lime Wire Strikes Back at RIAA
P2P company counters copyright claims with accusations of innovation-stifling antitrust violations.
- United States Snooping Tramples European Privacy
Belgium says data protection laws were violated.
- First E-Passport Readers Installed
Brace for identity theft.