The Electronic Frontier Foundation is seeking an organized, empathetic, and motivated individual with excellent communication skills to join EFF as its Receptionist as a member of our Operations Team. The Receptionist is the often the public’s first point of access at EFF. You will be performing a wide variety of tasks including giving general information about our work, greeting and welcoming the staff and guests, and referring people to a variety of teams within the organization.
- Managing and maintaining front desk, mail room, common areas, and conference rooms.
- Ensuring the security of the building by checking in guests, visitors and handling deliveries.
- Routing general office calls, sorting and delivering mail, maintaining guides and office supplies areas, and promoting recycling programs.
- Helping organize and maintain the kitchens including keeping coffee and snacks stocked.
- Assisting with the organizing of events throughout the year.
- Assisting the Operations team with various projects around the building.
- Helpful and professional phone and front desk manner
- Willingness to regularly perform general office administration tasks
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills
- Be computer proficient and willing and able to learn a new software
- Diligent attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to work regularly between the hours of 8:30am to 5pm
- Able to work overtime a few times each quarter
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Helpful experience (not required):
- Event planning assistance experience
- Experience as an administrate assistant, receptionist or another position where you’ve interacted with clients or the general public
- Comfortable with minor handy-person tasks like hanging a white board.
EFF is a great place to work. We offer a supportive and empowering environment, along with an excellent benefits package including housing cost assistance, student loans assistance, medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b)(7) retirement savings program with matching, paid time off, holiday benefits, parental leave, a dog-friendly workplace, and more.
As an advocacy organization, EFF is committed to being part of a diverse community. Diversity of life experiences makes a big difference in how we identify and litigate legal issues, design privacy-enhancing software, and organize our activism. To that end, we deliberately seek applicants with different perspectives, identities, and experiences to build an inclusive workplace to better inform our advocacy and defense of freedom in our digital world. EFF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all races, genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position in our San Francisco office.
We are looking to fill this position quickly, so please submit your resume and cover letter indicating why you are interested in the positions and working at EFF, as soon as possible.