Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager develops and implements human resources strategies that cultivate the highly-talented workforce that a mission-driven organization relies on to execute its strategic plan and create and seize new opportunities. This position serves as an advisor to executive management to help ensure that the organization operates in compliance with all state and federal employment laws, and provides critical HR expertise particularly in times of change and growth. The Human Resources Manager manages recruitment and staffing; employee relations; compensation; benefits administration; employee related events, and assists in the development of organization policies, systems, and procedures.
- Human resources management experience in a generalist capacity
- Demonstrated knowledge of California and Federal employment law and sound employment practices
- Demonstrated experience and comfort managing HR issues with a diverse staff, and a wide range of workplace situations
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative skills; word processing, spreadsheets
- Experience in a nonprofit organization preferred
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state employment laws; develop and implement employment policies and procedures; update employee handbook as needed to ensure compliance with current law; advise on independent contractor/consultant status, and exempt and non-exempt position classifications.
- Coordinate recruiting and selection efforts for all EFF positions; create and revise job descriptions; guide department heads on interviewing and selection process; post positions on appropriate job boards; review resumes and perform interviews as needed.
- Counsel management and employees on employment issues; anticipate problems whenever possible; conduct internal investigations; perform grievance and conflict resolution; provide recommendations to executive management involving employment legal matters; consult with legal counsel as needed.
- Administer group benefits plan, including health, life, and disability insurance programs; FMLA; leaves of absence; COBRA; negotiate annual premium and plan renewals; manage annual open enrollment; process enrollments and terminations in both the HRIS and benefit websites; process benefit billing and account reconciliation; serve as 403(b) plan administrator
- Provide counsel to directors and other supervisors on human resources issues, including building their own management capacity.
- Responsible for workers compensation administration, serving as the first point of contact for the broker
- Work with third party company to ensure compliance in ACA reporting procedures and paperwork.
- Conduct new hire orientations; do reference checks; ensure new hire paperwork and I9 compliance; manage termination process.
- Safeguard confidential employment records; respond to all requests for verification of employment.
Apply using the following link with a PDF that includes both a resume and cover letter: