The Electronic Frontier Foundation is seeking a smart and motivated person with excellent organization and communication skills to provide administrative support for EFF’s Executive Team.
This role will involve daily collaboration with the Executive Director, Deputy Director and Chief Program Officer and will report to the Chief Program Officer. As part of a dynamic team, the person in this role will be challenged to work with a variety of personalities, quickly adapt to schedule and location changes, frequently transition between administrative tasks and will have a front row seat the exciting variety of EFF issues.
- Providing executive administrative support to the Executive Director, Deputy Director and Chief Program Officer, including proactive calendar management, appointment scheduling, travel arrangements, expense processing, supply ordering, support for public speaking events and other assistance as needed.
- Coordinate meeting preparation and logistics, meeting note taking, and food ordering for the Executive Team.
- Assist with the creation, organizing and maintenance of key documents, materials, and communications for the staff and the Board of Directors.
- Focus on upcoming tasks, deadlines, and looming appointments for the executive team, and prepare each team member to meet these challenges with appropriate reminders, scheduling strategies and meeting preparation.
- Careful proofreading and formatting of documents written by executive team members, and occasional writing and research tasks.
- Prepare some written communications and correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director, including research as required
- Supporting the Executive Team and Leadership Team for meeting logistics including room reservations, meeting note taking, and food ordering.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation for quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Communicate and collaborate with other senior leadership team members to ensure a smooth work flow with the executive team.
- A minimum of three years of experience as an executive assistant, office coordinator or team coordinator.
- Excellent communication skills in person, over email, and on the phone.
- Comfort with a variety of software and willingness to learn new technology.
- Willing and eager to help keep EFF’s Executive Team running smoothly and work well with others on staff.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- A proactive, solution-focused attitude.
- An interest in or willingness to learn about intellectual property, free speech, and/or digital civil liberties issues.
EFF is a great place to work. We offer a supportive and empowering environment, along with an excellent benefits package including housing cost assistance, student loans assistance, medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b)(7) retirement savings program with matching, paid time off, holiday benefits, paid parental leave, a dog-friendly workplace, and more.
As an advocacy organization, EFF is committed to being part of a diverse community. Diversity of life experiences makes a big difference in how we identify and litigate legal issues, design privacy-enhancing software, and organize our activism. To that end, we deliberately seek applicants with different perspectives, identities, and experiences.to build an inclusive workplace to better inform our advocacy and defense of freedom in our digital world. EFF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all races, genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position in our San Francisco office.
Please submit your resume with a custom cover letter indicating your interest in the position and in working at EFF. We are hoping for someone to start in early January.