Social movements, businesses, and your own household depend on technology to succeed. That’s become a fact of modern life and it's why EFF has defended your online privacy, security, and free speech for over 30 years. Will you donate so EFF can keep on fighting?
Every Supporter Counts!
Support EFF by December 31 and you’ll help unlock bonus grants! Every donation—no matter the size—helps EFF secure a series of seven challenge grants set by EFF’s board. These grants grow from $1,000 up to $15,000 as the number of online rights supporters grows. Check out the counter.
You can help out by joining EFF and sharing the membership drive with friends! Here’s some language you can use:
Do some good in the world and get an extra boost. Donate to support internet privacy & free speech by December 31, and you’ll help EFF unlock year-end challenge grants. https://eff.org/YEC
Your digital rights are not a game. We all rely on the web more each day, and we need to get it right. Just this month, EFF members helped to:
- Convince Apple to finally abandon its device-scanning plan AND encrypt iCloud storage for the good of all its customers.
- Force the San Francisco Board of Supervisors to reverse a decision that allowed police to equip robots with deadly weapons. Just...no.
- Pass the U.S. Safe Connections Act to help domestic abuse survivors separate their phone lines from family plans.
- Get a dangerous internet "link tax" bill out of must-pass U.S. military legislation. And now we've kept it out of the 2022 omnibus spending package!
- Encourage European Union regulators to find that Meta can't make users accept targeted ads.
That’s amazing progress! And EFF’s team of lawyers, activists, and technologists keep up the fight every day. The challenges of the digital world aren’t easy. But you can ensure tech users always have a fierce advocate in EFF.
Donate today & unlock special grants before 2023