- Tor Project Blocked in China -- Finally
After years of aiding those seeking anonymity and bypassing censorship, Tor is finally blocked by the Great Firewall of China.
- China's Overeager American Censors
"Practically every U.S.-owned search engine has caved to the Chinese government's demands that they censor political Web sites in China. But none of them seem to agree on just what sites need censoring."
- Pirate Bay to Fight Swedish Wiretapping Act
To offer VPN facilities to Swedish nationals and others.
- Dubbing 10: Right Holders Compromise at Last Moment
DRM proposal for digital TV recording in Japan forced through just prior to Olympics.
- Pressure on Spain to Join France's Three Strikes
John Kennedy of IFPI, Denis Olivennes push for three strikes in Spain.
- Internet Society France Calls for Withdrawal of Three Strikes
Calls it "the Middle Ages of the Internet".
- Italian Institute for Privacy Formed
In the wake of a recent scandal, when the Italian government deliberately placed the tax records of every Italian on a public website, a new pressure group is launched.
- EU Worries about Regulating Blogger Speech
Bloggers "in a position to considerably pollute cyberspace", says one MEP.
- UK Hacker's Case Before Law Lords
Alleged hacker takes his threatened extradition to the UK's highest court.
- Our Work
- Take Action