- What the FISA Debate is Not About
Marty Lederman asks why reverting to the old FISA rules is supposedly such a problem for the intelligence community.
- ISP Plan to Block Child Porn -- Will There Be Chilling Effects?
The New York Attorney General says 3 major ISPs have agreed to block child porn -- but the plan could set a precedent that challenges the Communications Decency Act's protections for online content hosts.
- Movies on Cable Before DVD?
A plan would bring movies to cable faster, but you won't be able to watch on a high-def TV -- and don't even think about TiVo.
- Apple Cracks Down on Unlocked iPhones
The new contract for iPhones makes haking the closed devices more risky.
- EU Commissioner Presses Microsoft on Open Standards
Microsoft's embrace of open file formats for its Office 2007 software hasn't allayed the skepticism of some in the EU, who are telling businesses that open standards are smart business.
- Wiki for legitimate uses of P2P
A list of all the various legitimate uses for P2P software, wikified.