minilinks for 2007-09-20
MiniLinks by Hugh D'Andrade
September 20, 2007
- Great Firewall of China Patchy But Effective
Over 28% of banned words make it through the national filter, but that may be enough to self-censor citizens.
- Google Calls for International Privacy Standards
Not surprisingly, the Internet giant wants minimal global standards on the collection and retention of personal data.
- Canadian Feds Push for Greater Access to Private Info
New legislation would force telcos to provide customer information on demand, without a court order.
- Prince vs. the Internet
The rock star accuses YouTube, Ebay and Pirate Bay of encouraging copyright infringement.
- Major Label Contemplates Blanket Licensing
Universal Music Group (UMG) floats a plan in which ISPs would charge a music download fee to all customers. Sound
- SoundExchange Spends $50k on Lobbying
How much influence does the royalty collection agency have?
- MediaDefender Suffers Embarrassing Email Leak
The anti-P2P company had 700mb of internal email posted on