- NY Times Wiretapping Coverage -- The Inside Story
An excerpt from NY Times author Eric Lichtblau's new book
on warrantless wiretapping.
- Fee for All -- Music as Service from ISPs
Warner is developing proposals that would make access to
music a service charged by ISPs.
- Charging Schools Instead of Suing Students
A new proposal from major labels would charge schools a fee
to allow students to share music legally.
- CBC Uses BitTorrent for Prime Time Release
A high-resolution version of a series finale was released
without copy protection over P2P networks for more
- DHS Blinks -- New Hampshire Joins Montana in Real ID Victory
Two out of four hold-out states have been receiving
unrequested extensions on Real ID requirements.
- Big City Muni Wi-Fi is Dead, Urban Wireless Isn't
Plans to blanket cities with free wi-fi aren't panning out
-- but free urban hotspots are spreading.
- Rock Against Telecom Immunity!
A song for telecom companies that broke the law when they
handed their customer's data to the NSA without a warrant.
- Our Work
- Take Action