Thanks to the generosity of Google, we can now offer scholarships to individuals who wish to attend the EFF Bootcamp on User-Generated Content taught by EFF attorneys on May 11 at Golden Gate University School of Law in San Francisco.
If you would like to attend the bootcamp, but cannot afford the fee, send us a short note at email@example.com, saying why a scholarship is appropriate for you. We'll make the decisions in early May. Sign up now!
The EFF Bootcamp will cover the following topic areas:
- Defamation, harassment, and other accusations of bad behavior.
- Fair use, free culture, and the right to remix.
- Copyright take-downs and put-backs.
- How to respond to cops, crooks, and courts who want your customers' communications and other private information.
- Anonymous speakers.
- Porn, predators, and the pressure to police.
- Open Source issues.
- Employment basics for start-ups.
Thanks to Google for stepping up to help out others who host user-generated content.