minilinks for 2009-03-12
- Whitehouse.gov Continues YouTube Use
The White House appears to have ended its "experiment" with hosting its own videos, and has returned to using YouTube. Will user info be harvested for Google's targeted advertising?
- Court Tosses Gibson's Guitar Hero Suit
Gibson Guitar's patent infringement suit against the Guitar Hero game was thrown out of court as "frivolous."
- Senator's Donor Data Leaked
Wikileaks claims that the private information of donors to Minnesota Senator candidate for US Senate Norm Coleman's campaign was made available on the Internet in January.
- Bill Snyder on Freeing the iPhone
Why Apple's lock on the iPhone app market is bad for consumers, bad for developers and bad for IT.
- Digital Resistance Against Google's Targeted Ads?
AdBusters has created a script designed to undermine Google's targeted advertising by automatically clicking on all AdSense ads.
- Musicians Defend Downloaders
UK musicians in the Featured Artists Coalition said downloading music should not be criminalized.
- YouTube Blocks All Music Videos in the UK
Facing demands for more revenue from the UK's Performing Right Society, Google opted to simply pull music videos down in the UK.
- CA Lawmaker Wants to Blur Google Earth
Schools and government buildings would be required to be blurred by online mapping services under a new bill in the California Assembly.
- Hackers Crack iTunes Store Gift Codes
Chinese hackers have found a way to generate gift certificates to the iTunes store.
- Web Directory of Attorneys Upsets DC Bar
The DC Bar says an online directory of attorney names and contact info violates their copyright.
- Creator Endorsed Mark
Distributors can use the new Creator Endorsed Mark logo to indicate that the work is distributed with the permission of the artist.
Recent DeepLinks Posts
Jul 6, 2015
Jul 6, 2015
Jul 6, 2015
Jul 2, 2015
Jul 1, 2015
- Fair Use and Intellectual Property: Defending the Balance
- Free Speech
- Know Your Rights
- Trade Agreements and Digital Rights
- State-Sponsored Malware
- Abortion Reporting
- Analog Hole
- Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
- Bloggers' Rights
- Broadcast Flag
- Broadcasting Treaty
- Cell Tracking
- Coders' Rights Project
- Computer Fraud And Abuse Act Reform
- Content Blocking
- Copyright Trolls
- Council of Europe
- Cyber Security Legislation
- Defend Your Right to Repair!
- Defending Digital Voices
- Development Agenda
- Digital Books
- Digital Radio
- Digital Video
- DMCA Rulemaking
- Do Not Track
- E-Voting Rights
- EFF Europe
- Encrypting the Web
- Export Controls
- FAQs for Lodsys Targets
- File Sharing
- Fixing Copyright? The 2013-2015 Copyright Review Process
- Genetic Information Privacy
- Hollywood v. DVD
- How Patents Hinder Innovation (Graphic)
- International Privacy Standards
- Internet Governance Forum
- Law Enforcement Access
- Legislative Solutions for Patent Reform
- Locational Privacy
- Mandatory Data Retention
- Mandatory National IDs and Biometric Databases
- Mass Surveillance Technologies
- Medical Privacy
- National Security and Medical Information
- National Security Letters
- Net Neutrality
- No Downtime for Free Speech
- NSA Spying
- Online Behavioral Tracking
- Open Access
- Open Wireless
- Patent Busting Project
- Patent Trolls
- PATRIOT Act
- Pen Trap
- Policy Analysis
- Public Health Reporting and Hospital Discharge Data
- Reading Accessibility
- Real ID
- Search Engines
- Search Incident to Arrest
- Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act
- Social Networks
- SOPA/PIPA: Internet Blacklist Legislation
- Student and Community Organizing
- Surveillance and Human Rights
- Surveillance Drones
- Terms Of (Ab)Use
- Test Your ISP
- The "Six Strikes" Copyright Surveillance Machine
- The Global Network Initiative
- The Law and Medical Privacy
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement
- Travel Screening
- Trusted Computing
- Video Games