global minilinks for 2008-12-02
- Citizen Safeguards Struck Out in EU Council
La Quadrature Du Net analyse the latest moves in Europe's telecoms package - still a mixed bag for protecting rights online.
- Inside Italy's Net Filters
An overview of the "P-Box" - the bespoke Debian install intended to filter content at Italian ISPs.
- Google's Gatekeepers
The New York Times investigates who decides when Google is told to block content.
- Internet Users to Expect "Remote Searches" from EU Police?
The EU's five year cybercrime plan include proposals for government-permitted trojan software and "joint investigation teams" (rightsholders and police working together).
- Nokia Wants Law to Allow Snooping on Finnish Employees
After lobbying by the phone giant, Finland considers allowing businesses to examine the email logs of workers suspected of leaking secrets.
- Michael Geist - Why Copyright?
Canadian thinkers, artists and businesspeople speak out on copyright in this film by Michael Geist and Daniel Albahary.
- Studying Chinese Blog Censorship
Rebecca Mackinnon takes a closer look at what goes on when private companies aid in domestic censorship.
- Anger at Indonesian Tagging Plan
Country plans to plant RFIDs in "sexually aggressive" HIV positive citizens.
- Obama and IP
Senior Phillippines IP Attorney hopes Obama will bring change to the international intellectual property policies of the United States.
- Four Google Officials Face Italian Trial for Third-Party Video
Video upload prompts unknown charges against the employees of the company hosting it.
Recent DeepLinks Posts
Nov 24, 2015
Nov 23, 2015
Nov 23, 2015
Nov 20, 2015
Nov 20, 2015
- Fair Use and Intellectual Property: Defending the Balance
- Free Speech
- Know Your Rights
- Trade Agreements and Digital Rights
- State-Sponsored Malware
- Abortion Reporting
- Analog Hole
- Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
- Bloggers' Rights
- Broadcast Flag
- Broadcasting Treaty
- Cell Tracking
- Coders' Rights Project
- Computer Fraud And Abuse Act Reform
- Content Blocking
- Copyright Trolls
- Council of Europe
- Cyber Security Legislation
- Defend Your Right to Repair!
- Development Agenda
- Digital Books
- Digital Radio
- Digital Video
- DMCA Rulemaking
- Do Not Track
- E-Voting Rights
- EFF Europe
- Encrypting the Web
- Export Controls
- FAQs for Lodsys Targets
- File Sharing
- Fixing Copyright? The 2013-2015 Copyright Review Process
- Genetic Information Privacy
- Hollywood v. DVD
- How Patents Hinder Innovation (Graphic)
- International Privacy Standards
- Internet Governance Forum
- Law Enforcement Access
- Legislative Solutions for Patent Reform
- Locational Privacy
- Mandatory Data Retention
- Mandatory National IDs and Biometric Databases
- Mass Surveillance Technologies
- Medical Privacy
- National Security and Medical Information
- National Security Letters
- Net Neutrality
- No Downtime for Free Speech
- NSA Spying
- Offline : Imprisoned Bloggers and Technologists
- Online Behavioral Tracking
- Open Access
- Open Wireless
- Patent Busting Project
- Patent Trolls
- PATRIOT Act
- Pen Trap
- Policy Analysis
- Public Health Reporting and Hospital Discharge Data
- Reading Accessibility
- Real ID
- Search Engines
- Search Incident to Arrest
- Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act
- Social Networks
- SOPA/PIPA: Internet Blacklist Legislation
- Student and Community Organizing
- Stupid Patent of the Month
- Surveillance and Human Rights
- Surveillance Drones
- Terms Of (Ab)Use
- Test Your ISP
- The "Six Strikes" Copyright Surveillance Machine
- The Global Network Initiative
- The Law and Medical Privacy
- TPP's Copyright Trap
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement
- Travel Screening
- Trusted Computing
- Video Games