global minilinks for 2008-10-11
- A Contentious Meeting with New Zealand's Copyright Minister
Colin Jackson hits a brick wall when he and others talk to New Zealand ministers about the new copyright act.
- Former Pink Floyd Manager: End the P2P Lawsuits
Peter Jenner continues to advocate for collective licensing, this time in Berlin.
- EuroISPA on the Recent "Three Strikes" EU Battle
The ISP association attempts to unpick what Sarkozy thinks he's doing in the EU.
- The Third COMMUNIA Workshop in Amsterdam, Oct 20-21
European workshop on fair dealing, fair use and its global equivalents.
- Ad-Powered Surveillance: Okay For Citizens, Too Prying for Parliament?
Is the UK's House of Commons blocking Phorm's prying eyes?
- Malaysian Blogger Goes On Trial
A "frail" Raja Petra is charged with sedition.
- Hong Kong Consults on Internet Filtering
The Chinese administrative region is considering blocking sites under the country's obscenity laws.
- Key US Senators Warn Bush Administration On ACTA
The Judiciary committee is displeased with the secrecy on the anti-counterfeiting trade agreement, especially on liability for internet intermediaries (like ISPs).
- When Wikipedia Met The Great Firewall
Jimmy Wales meets with China's censorship body.
- Echo in the Dark
The New Yorker looks at censorship in Russia.
- Does Web Censorship Affect International Trade?
Nart Villeneuve sees if the Great Firewall of China messes with connections to Western commerce websites.
- Australian Councils use Google to Monitor Citizens
Using Google Earth and Google Maps to look for planning violations.
Recent DeepLinks Posts
May 2, 2016
May 2, 2016
May 2, 2016
Apr 30, 2016
Apr 30, 2016
- Fair Use and Intellectual Property: Defending the Balance
- Free Speech
- UK Investigatory Powers Bill
- Know Your Rights
- Trade Agreements and Digital Rights
- State-Sponsored Malware
- Abortion Reporting
- Analog Hole
- Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
- Bloggers' Rights
- Broadcast Flag
- Broadcasting Treaty
- Cell Tracking
- Coders' Rights Project
- Computer Fraud And Abuse Act Reform
- Content Blocking
- Copyright Trolls
- Council of Europe
- Cyber Security Legislation
- Defend Your Right to Repair!
- Development Agenda
- Digital Books
- Digital Radio
- Digital Video
- DMCA Rulemaking
- Do Not Track
- E-Voting Rights
- EFF Europe
- Electronic Frontier Alliance
- Encrypting the Web
- Export Controls
- FAQs for Lodsys Targets
- File Sharing
- Fixing Copyright? The 2013-2016 Copyright Review Process
- Genetic Information Privacy
- Hollywood v. DVD
- How Patents Hinder Innovation (Graphic)
- International Privacy Standards
- Internet Governance Forum
- Law Enforcement Access
- Legislative Solutions for Patent Reform
- Locational Privacy
- Mandatory Data Retention
- Mandatory National IDs and Biometric Databases
- Mass Surveillance Technologies
- Medical Privacy
- National Security and Medical Information
- National Security Letters
- Net Neutrality
- No Downtime for Free Speech
- NSA Spying
- Offline : Imprisoned Bloggers and Technologists
- Online Behavioral Tracking
- Open Access
- Open Wireless
- Patent Busting Project
- Patent Trolls
- PATRIOT Act
- Pen Trap
- Policy Analysis
- Public Health Reporting and Hospital Discharge Data
- Reading Accessibility
- Real ID
- Search Engines
- Search Incident to Arrest
- Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act
- Social Networks
- SOPA/PIPA: Internet Blacklist Legislation
- Student Privacy
- Stupid Patent of the Month
- Surveillance and Human Rights
- Surveillance Drones
- Terms Of (Ab)Use
- Test Your ISP
- The "Six Strikes" Copyright Surveillance Machine
- The Global Network Initiative
- The Law and Medical Privacy
- TPP's Copyright Trap
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement
- Travel Screening
- Trusted Computing
- Video Games